This fall I will be starting a small support group for young people ages 14-18 who identify as LGBT or have questions about sexual identity (the "Q" in LGBTQ). I want to give young people a safe, supportive environment to explore who they are & what this might mean to them & the choices they make. With over 25 years of working with teens, & education & experience working with sexual identity issues, the group will address the developmental needs of these young people.
I will also be doing an adult group this fall, to be co-facilitated by a local pastoral counselor who has years of experience working with issues of faith & the gay community. This group will offer a supportive environment for adults to explore their sexual identity & figure out what this means in their adult lives. For those who have issues of faith, this will also be a non-judgmental group to explore these questions.
Some of the issues these groups might address:
- Who am I - label, behavior & feelings & what does it all mean & how do I make sense of it all
- Coming out issues - when, who, when & how
- What does this mean or not mean in terms of my life & relationships
- What does my faith say about who I am/my behavior & how can I integrate all aspects of my life
- Issues of discrimination - how do I not let this impact how I feel about myself
If you would like to get more information, don't hesitate to contact me at 919/360-1929 or at email@example.com. I would be happy to talk with you about how these groups might be helpful.